Tuesday 22 January 2013

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Happy New Year everyone! Sorry it's late, I really need to start blogging more often. My topic today is Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Which is what it's going to be called in USA) hopefully it'll be called that in Europe. I hated how they changed it to: Let's go to the City! instead of City Folk. WHAT'S WRONG WITH KEEPING IT AS CITY FOLK IT'S A MOUTHFUL SAYING LETS GO TO THE CITY!
Moving on..

New Leaf looks very promising. And today's blog post is going to be very long and will be full of tons of information I've found out about the new game!

OKAY. SO YOU'RE THE MAYOR?

It seems that at the beginning of the game, once you've done the questions, told Rover where you're going. Yadada, outside the station, Shizue, is waiting along with the villagers and they welcome the new mayor! Which is apparently, you! This new feature to the game is by far a good idea and I clap to those back in nintendo who thought of the idea, because I think it's brilliant. Of course, if some players don't want to be the mayor then they don't have to, so it's a choice thing, but you do have a choice of how the town is going to look like if you're the mayor.

The mayor can choose 'community projects' to decorate the town with items such as: Benches, lamp posts, arches, well, clock etc. There is more to find out about this as we actually uphold the game which will be interesting to find out. I'm trying my hardest to not google it and find japanese photos of new items to spoil it for me.


I wanted to quickly mention something that I noticed about the game. They've brought old features from the Gamecube version which made me very happy. Some of these features are: The train/tram station, police station (it is a community project that only the mayor can choose), Island and the winter and summer campers. These are the things I did enjoy about the gamecube that they never put in future games until now. THANK YOU NINTENDO. 
Igloo 


I remember back at E3 2010 (I wasn't there personally but watching it), when the first preview of Animal Crossing 3DS was shown and to some people they were quite anxious at the persons change of body. I at the time actually thought it was great because you can now see clothes and designs better and the person actually looks that little bit realistic now. I'm sure people who did think this way have changed their heart now, however, there is some who are probably do still feel the same way. I'm sure everyone will be happy with the outcome when they have the chance to play. Mentioning designs, you can now wear different shoes with socks, wear trousers, shorts, skirts (I'm not sure if guys can wear skirts but I'm sure they can? that would be a little sexist nintendo?). I enjoyed designing shirts on wild world and I'm quite excited to started designing on new leaf and allowing others to see my designs and if they like it, they can scan it and have it themselves! As well as clothes, there is new hair styles, colours and you can now change your eye colour! of course all of these features have to be unlocked until you get to a certain point in the game. I don't know if europe will start you off with coloured eyes or keep them black I'm not sure. 

Different eye colours


A little feature that they also added were the size of your villagers. Tiny squirrels are now smaller than those who are elephants of big bears. This again makes the game more realistic and I think it's a nice feature to see people taller than you then everyone exactly the same height. Variety is good!

The map of the town has changed drastically compared to the past. And I was a little confused as to how it would work at first but now, I like it! Here's a photo to show you the maps from the gamecube, ds, wii and the 3ds:

Gamecube Ver. Map
DS Ver. Map

City Folk/Let's Go To The City Ver. Map

New Leaf


New Leaf town Map and Island Map

























There is probably loads more features that I've missed out or forgotten but if anyone is wanting to watch any translation videos or just to see what the game is like I would youtube: LinandKo and watch their New Leaf videos from the beginning onwards, Their videos are brilliant and they explain all kinds of new things that New Leaf has to offer and translates the text in to english so you can understand!
Here's their youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/linandko


P.S. All the photos I have on this blog is what I've found off google. I don't own any of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment